RPG Maker Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Maker Heaven

RPG Maker Forum since 2011. Make yourself a home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
KuuImpact
KuuImpact

Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System Empty
PostSubject: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 2:12 am

I am looking for anyone willing to try this out, everywhere I go and post this I get yelled at that it would be way complex and get lectured about half a mile long pages of text as post instead of people giving me a simple I can't do it. I say that is bunk that there is a way to make this script happen in ruby. It just needs people willing to give it a shot. Surely you may be able to get this done, I'll even try to help.

OKAY, Here is what it does.
  • It allows maps that are labled as Town have a build menu open up where you may select the parts you wish to build in the town under restoration. Building menu obviously shows what the player has for the town, what they lack, and what is missing in a checklist for the 100% restoration.
  • It has the ability to detect items from special chest (which need no script, can be evented) and know they are town material items.
  • It shows how much of the town was restored in a percentage and turns itself off when fully restored.
  • Finally it will need a way to let the player do all of this with out conflicting with the other controles of the game, I am sure we can set that up easily.

So please, if you can, try your best out there.
Back to top Go down
http://mitsthegame.webs.com/
luiishu535
luiishu535
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 3:51 pm

So, are you basicly looking for a script that allows you to build your own town, like SimCity?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/luiishu535
KuuImpact
KuuImpact

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyMon Oct 24, 2011 4:52 pm

Basically that, with limits, I mean I would link a video to Dark Cloud 1, with footage on how they get it done, it looks simpler then it sounds if you understand the system. I mean I wish I could explain it better, maybe I'll make a video showing what a mean with my Dazzle.
Back to top Go down
descending_gate
descending_gate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 4:38 am

I basically think this is possible in events (if we are talking about VX)...its just that it is much complicated. Basically, we know that VX chipsets are done by squares, using switches and variables can do this but the problem is that building your own city by game is totally long...since chipsets are....chipsets lol. I'll watch this Dark Cloud to see the idea how this is done.
Back to top Go down
KuuImpact
KuuImpact

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyTue Oct 25, 2011 8:56 pm

Here this can help maybe

Back to top Go down
descending_gate
descending_gate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 4:52 am

Hmmm if you ever do this in world map, then if you enter the town, maybe this is easy in events, but seeing it is in the town itself, this is quite amusing Very Happy

in XP, this is also quite possible in eventing but the problem is i hate the text system of it myself
Back to top Go down
KuuImpact
KuuImpact

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyWed Oct 26, 2011 6:03 am

descending_gate wrote:
Hmmm if you ever do this in world map, then if you enter the town, maybe this is easy in events, but seeing it is in the town itself, this is quite amusing Very Happy

in XP, this is also quite possible in eventing but the problem is i hate the text system of it myself

Really now... someone told me a counter point to your above post to this one, and said this was easier to code then event it, cause it would involve setting up two simple menues and a tagging system that reads in maps by their datanumber in the code like map32 == town or something more Ruby of that. He said he would try to make the script and never responded back ever. Made me sad face all over the place....I don't have XP sadly...
Back to top Go down
descending_gate
descending_gate

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptyThu Oct 27, 2011 4:55 am

Hmmm I see....
Back to top Go down
Zachfoss
Zachfoss
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 3:59 pm

The desire to making something like this will take a lot of scripting or eventing. You could use events for this?

Dark cloud was a fun game! I love it and always will! BTW do you still need help on this? If not, I'll lock the topic xD
Back to top Go down
KuuImpact
KuuImpact

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System EmptySat Nov 12, 2011 6:25 pm

I do, I really do, but I doubt that we can get it done, I just have a hard time constructing menus. If someone could get all the menus layed out and functioning. I might be able to do the system.
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System   Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Cloud Town Restoration Like System

View previous topic View next topic Back to top