RPG Maker Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Maker Heaven

RPG Maker Forum since 2011. Make yourself a home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

Portal to Darkania

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Verm
Verm

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptyTue Nov 15, 2011 11:43 pm

Portal to Darkania PtDLogo

I proudly present my second game ever: Portal to Darkania! Of all the stories I've thought up, I think this is one of my darkest ones.

Story
A man named Doctor T (His full name is unknown) has created his own universe, which he calls Darkania. But there's one thing that nobody understands: He traps whoever visits his shop in Darkania. Why does he do this? Nobody knows, and nobody outside of Darkania even knows that he does it. Our main characters become victims of this terrible fate, and must find their own way out of Darkania, along with everyone else.

Characters

Randall Kowaguchi

Portal to Darkania Randall1

Randall is an adventurous teenager that lives in Kalmara City with his younger brother Michael. He's been with Mike through countless adventures, and during that time he has perfected his skills in swordsmanship. But nothing that Randall knows could have prepared him for Darkania...

Odette Quiran

Portal to Darkania Odette1

Odette grew up on a potato farm in the rural country of Kalmara, and you'd better believe that was a life she hated. After moving to Kalmara City, she took a course in the Wizard Arts and ended up being one of the most experienced magic users in the city. Doctor T trapped her in Darkania three years before Randall, and even though they became friends, Randall tends to annoy her occasionally.

Michael Kowaguchi

Portal to Darkania Mike1

Mike is Randall's little brother, and quite a courageous one at that. He's traveled with Randall on every single adventure they've been through, and Mike soon became just as experienced as his older brother. On a similar note, Mike actually has more magic experience than Randall, after taking a course in the Cleric Arts. Mike has a quite mild temper, but anger him, and it's sure to disappear.

Iver Tann

Portal to Darkania Iver1

A prodigy in the Mage Arts from age 7, Iver always impressed his parents with his magic skills. After being trapped in Darkania at just age 13, the mayor of a small town called Clethon Village took care of him until he was old enough to be on his own. Even so, he made Clethon Village his home.

Damien Wrife

Portal to Darkania Damien

Damien was trapped in Darkania at about the same time as Iver, and taken to the same place, too. They quickly became friends. After awhile, when Damien grew old enough, he was appointed as one of the mayor's personal magic assistants. During the course of the story, Damien is transformed into a hideous demon by Doctor T, and afterward swears to get revenge if it's the last thing he does.

Doctor T

Portal to Darkania Doctort1

Doctor T is a mysterious shop owner in Kalmara City. It is soon found out that he created Darkania, which is where he traps his customers. Nobody knows why he does this... He just does. Doctor T has a dark and sinister personality, but there seems to be another side to him...

Riff Xerxes

Portal to Darkania Riff1

Riff is Doctor T's faithful assistant. He joined Doctor T a few months after he opened shop. He says he only joined him "for the dough". He has no idea why Doctor T does what he does, but he doesn't really care either.

Screenshots

Spoiler:

I hope you guys enjoy the demo. Please try to ignore the fact that I'm not very good at mapping - I'm still learning. Have fun, and be sure to give me your feedback and let me know if there's any bugs!

Download the demo here.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesanguinepenguin38?feature=mhee
Ranma44
Ranma44

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptyWed Nov 16, 2011 1:50 am

Interesting Very Happy wonder how Doctor T managed to create his own universe doesn't that make him a god O_o
Back to top Go down
Verm
Verm

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 5:27 pm

Bump!

Anyone else want to give feedback?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesanguinepenguin38?feature=mhee

jadzxa

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptySat Nov 19, 2011 6:49 pm

I haven't tried the demo yet, but given the story and such simple and to the point heh, I think it'd be a pretty cool game. I'll check it out when I get some time.
Back to top Go down
luiishu535
luiishu535
Owner
Owner

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:25 am

Wow, the story seems a bit familiar to CO which I like! It sounds very interesting!
The only thing I think you should try working more on is the mapping. There are plenty tutorials on YT from people like ChewyVX aka Jungle_Boy.

Goodluck on this and I might try it out some day Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/luiishu535
Zachy7z
Zachy7z

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 12:55 am

Seems pretty good to me, definitely you've put in some effort. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
TheEmeraldboy100
TheEmeraldboy100

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania EmptySun Nov 27, 2011 2:28 am

Seems interesting. Pretty nice story and character dev. I'll try the demo soom and I'll give you feedback about it Smile Good luck on finishing your game Smile
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/TheEmeraldboy100

Sponsored content

Portal to Darkania Empty
PostSubject: Re: Portal to Darkania   Portal to Darkania Empty

Back to top Go down

Portal to Darkania

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
RPG Maker Heaven :: RPG Maker Projects :: Project Development-