RPG Maker Heaven
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

RPG Maker Heaven

RPG Maker Forum since 2011. Make yourself a home.

HomeHome  PortalPortal  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log in  

Share | 

The Screenshot Thread

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
Zachfoss
Zachfoss
Owner
Owner

The Screenshot Thread Empty
PostSubject: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 6:53 pm

The Screenshots Thread!

So this is a topic on many forums, so I'm looking forward on here. The purpose of this topic is simple. Post here to receive critique for your screenshots and even a chance to promote your own project. This is a thread to post images of maps and screenshots which you want to get criticized by other members.

Rules you need to know:
1) Don't post an image after another without criticising the image(s) of the previous poster. Everyone wants feedback, just like you mang cheers .
2) Any game maker screenshots are aloud(RMXP, RM2k3, ect)
3) Videos to showcase mapping or gameplay is also allowed on here,
4) Re-posting your screenshot is allowed if you didn't get any constructive criticism. Only if you wish
5) Have fun posting your screenshot's Wink

Back to top Go down
Zachfoss
Zachfoss
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:38 pm

I'll start off. Here's a screenshot on my game called Oblivion Remnant. YEAAH!!! afro

The Screenshot Thread Screenshot002jg
Back to top Go down
luiishu535
luiishu535
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 8:40 pm

You know I love that stuffs, Mango Wink Wait... Do I see a visible enemy or is my eye just going bonkers?
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/luiishu535
Zachfoss
Zachfoss
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:13 pm

@Luiishu535:
Lol well thank you! And yes there won't be any random encounters anymore, you'll have to touch the enemies for battles now( Like final fantasy 13)

Last edited by Zachfoss on Sat Oct 22, 2011 9:22 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Verm
Verm

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:15 pm

Totally awesome, Zachfoss. You certainly are a whiz at mapping. Very Happy

Here's Clethon Village, one of the third-ish towns in my NEW game, Portal to Darkania.
The Screenshot Thread Gallery_111889_549_42190
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/thesanguinepenguin38?feature=mhee
Leonheart
Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 9:23 pm

Some screenshots of my current projects Title and Menus. Both are WIPs.
Spoiler:

And yes, I am playing too much Disgaea currently.
Back to top Go down
luiishu535
luiishu535
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:02 pm

@Zachfoss: Nice to hear! I've heard that lots of people are getting more and more annoyed about random enemy encounters nowadays.

@Verm: That's a great layout Verm! Your mapping has increased alot since you started. What I recommend is that you put some more details to the map like flowers, trees and even some animals. A nice tint and a descent fog can do wonders to a map aswell Smile

@Leonheart: Those screens looks great! Are you using original art for your project?
Back to top Go down
Leonheart
Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:06 pm

@luiishu535: Nah, it's art from Disgaea. The closest to original art I have is icons and character sprites. And a few tiles.
Back to top Go down
luiishu535
luiishu535
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySat Oct 22, 2011 10:17 pm

Ah okay. It looks nice though! Didn't know you where a spriter/artist, leon Surprised
Back to top Go down
VVBlastFuryVV
VVBlastFuryVV

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:09 am

I suppose those screenies look nice. Here's mine:
The Screenshot Thread Game2011102219583944

I parallaxed the beginning of the game santa
Back to top Go down
kelarly
kelarly

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:51 am

@Zachfoss: That looks great dude! I'm always impressed by parallaxed mapping.

@Verm: It has a good layout for a small town, but I do agree with luiishu. If it had some more details like more flowers, and maybe some more ponds with a bridge or something, just to fill up that empty space, it would look great!

@Leonheart: Looks interesting. That art style is one I've never seen before...

@VVBlastFuryVV: I like the fog, but it could be a bit sharper and clearer, in order to fully see what is going on. It has a good feel to it though!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kelarly?feature=mhee
kelarly
kelarly

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 1:53 am

Here is some screens from my project:

This is an underwater dungeon. Pretty plain but what do you think about the air bubble sprite?
The Screenshot Thread Underwater

And this one!
The Screenshot Thread CrystalCathedral
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/kelarly?feature=mhee
Ranma44
Ranma44

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 2:15 am

Title screen for legend of Bakeru still a WIP...It was annoying to get the text that way XD
The Screenshot Thread Title-2
Back to top Go down
LeoHightower
LeoHightower

PostSubject: Project Saige Screenshots   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 3:53 am

Well I got at leat 2 screenshots, I made in my free time back then, only one is officially for my project, Project Saige, hope you guys like them, I'll post more info and stuff for Project Saige later on as time goes by! Very Happy Everything is a WIP sadly, until I get some helpers, and a team together.

The Screenshot Thread Alternate_opening_pic_by_leon_murayami-d4cfjgx
Characters are...(From the left)

Natsumi Hinomoto
Reina Mikamura
Shinsuke Mikamura
Saige Murayami
Jin Kunasagi
Kurai Kunasagi
Sasuke Miyamoto

This pic is from a alternate intro I was going to make for my RPG Project, code named "Project Saige" but I canned the idea cause it wasn't working so well when I tried testing it. The beginning for it goes like this...

Saige and the others are looking at the final stage from a distance, Saige knowing it's the calm before the storm tells the others that he needs a few minutes to reflect on things...

"My name is Saige Murayami, here my words, we don't have much time left, listen to my story, it is here that it all began for me, and it is here where it will all end."

"To avenge my father who was slayed by "him" and to end this conflict once and for all."

Then Saige goes into how things have come to this moment, it takes place 2 years earlier, Saige leads an attack on the castle/base to attack the main villain with some help from an old army buddy of his father's, the attack to get into the base is successful, but when he confronts the main villain time freezes, a voice tells him it is not time to fight him just yet, and he is pulled away from the battle in a strange warp hole before he even lands the first blow.

Not too bad huh? I can get some good ideas when I put my mind to it, I thank my sister Cassundra actually, cause I used to watch her try out RPG Maker on PSOne back then.

Thanks sis! Very Happy

The Screenshot Thread Emperor_obuno_and_company_by_leon_murayami-d4c5jox

Here's a screenshot for my Story/RPG Maker Project, "Project Saige" This is the Inner Conference Hall of Obuno's Castle, it is here that Obuno, Aion and Lord Gabriele plan their strategy's and plans against Saige and his friends, as well as their grand scheme.(Which is yet to be revealed by me.)

In this pic are Emperor Obuno and his followers.

Aion Alexander - Emperor Obuno’s Subordinate

Lord Gabriele Lysander - High Priest and faithful friend to Aion

Maximillion Maximus - Self Proclaimed War God & Millionaire

Emperor Obuno Katsuhito - Emperor of Palmacosta, and archenemy of Hayate Murayami

Shadow Master - A powerful sorcerer who wields the power of darkness (A demon in disguise) able to manipulate people who have dark hearts or emotions

Arlong Davis - The Silver Giant, considered the strongest of the group

On the Left...

Melina “Millennia” Mellusion - Powerful demon/dark sorceress, who can control snakes and black magic, loves to manipulate people

Alicia Laney White - A sky-pirate who wields a snake-like sword, ruthless and cold-hearted, she usually backstabs her allies and punishes her crew whenever they’ve failed or are no longer usable

Michael Zigfried - A master swordsman whom once fought against Hayate Murayami

Dr. Andrew Hunter - A brilliant Scientist with a high IQ of 300, crazed and only interested in the end results of his experiments.

In the Corner on the left is...

Red Swordsman aka Sain Minnock Ishikawa - No info available

Shadow Ninja - A warrior of darkness under the Shadow Master’s mind control, once a member of a proud clan of Ninjas

On the Right...

Richard Ray: A sword fighter with a split personality whom causes more problems than you can count, psychotic and deadly, he should not be taken lightly, right-hand man of Arlong

Nightshade - A deadly assassin/swordsman with incredible speed, who also uses a deadly poison in battle

Dr. Ameena S. Anderson - A neko-human whom must serve Aion and Emperor Obuno for her daughter’s life, she loathes the fact that Aion and Obuno have her daughter captive somewhere, she has no choice but to serve them or her daughter’s fate is sealed, with a high IQ and a vast knowledge of machines she’s a smart yet sexy lady, but sometimes she can be a bit wild considering her half cat DNA.

Linda Z. - A faithful follower of Mellusion, a cold-hearted woman whom uses dark magic, and is also a powerful sword wielder.

And the maids are just servants of Aion's.

Hope you like! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://leon-murayami.deviantart.com/
Zachfoss
Zachfoss
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:54 am

Replies:
Spoiler:

Anyways here's a Screenshot on my game. The map is still on progress.

Screenie:
The Screenshot Thread Game2011102222595187

Video:
Back to top Go down
Jungle_Boy
Jungle_Boy

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:28 am

@Kelarly
I like the air bubble idea, kinda neat. But what attracts my attention is the second screenshot, the thing in the middle, looks quite interesting! Oh and the mapping is fantastic! Very Happy

@Zachfoss
I like the tileset, makes the game have a darker vibe to it, but is there going to be any brighter maps in your game? Or is it gonna be just dark maps.
The mapping in the video is also very nice, I especially like the swimming!

@VVBlastFuryVV
Wow, what a nice screenshot, I like it ALOT it looks very nice! It's just set out so nicely, and the mapping looks splendid! Oh and I like the text on the lower left corner!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/chewyvx
LeoHightower
LeoHightower

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 5:53 pm

Zachfoss wrote:
Replies:
Spoiler:

Anyways here's a Screenshot on my game. The map is still on progress.

Screenie:
The Screenshot Thread Game2011102222595187

Video:

Thanks man, that means alot! Very Happy I'll add em to the spoilers section when I get a chance, I'll also show my project videos too. Smile
Back to top Go down
http://leon-murayami.deviantart.com/
VVBlastFuryVV
VVBlastFuryVV

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 6:47 pm

kelarly wrote:
@Zachfoss: That looks great dude! I'm always impressed by parallaxed mapping.

@Verm: It has a good layout for a small town, but I do agree with luiishu. If it had some more details like more flowers, and maybe some more ponds with a bridge or something, just to fill up that empty space, it would look great!

@Leonheart: Looks interesting. That art style is one I've never seen before...

@VVBlastFuryVV: I like the fog, but it could be a bit sharper and clearer, in order to fully see what is going on. It has a good feel to it though!
Actually, it's supposed to be like that so you don't really know what's going on, it's mysteryyyyyy. xD. santa
Back to top Go down
Oblivion3O
Oblivion3O

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:08 pm

Here's a screenshot from my project.

The Screenshot Thread Oblivion3omap1
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Oblivion3O
VVBlastFuryVV
VVBlastFuryVV

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:25 pm

Zachfoss wrote:
I'll start off. Here's a screenshot on my game called Oblivion Remnant. YEAAH!!! afro

The Screenshot Thread Screenshot002jg
Nicely done, Zach! santa
Back to top Go down
VVBlastFuryVV
VVBlastFuryVV

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:26 pm

Oblivion3O wrote:
Here's a screenshot from my project.

The Screenshot Thread Oblivion3omap1
Whoa! That looks awesome, Stugg! lol!
Back to top Go down
Oblivion3O
Oblivion3O

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:27 pm

@VVBlastFuryVV: Well thank you Stugg! king
Back to top Go down
Leonheart
Leonheart

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:47 pm

A screenshot of the first "temple" in my game.
The Screenshot Thread Screen1
Back to top Go down
Oblivion3O
Oblivion3O

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:48 pm

Leonheart wrote:
A screenshot of the first "temple" in my game.
The Screenshot Thread Screen1

This looks awesome! king
Back to top Go down
luiishu535
luiishu535
Owner
Owner

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread EmptySun Oct 23, 2011 7:56 pm

@Everyone: It's looking great, all of you Very Happy But please, don't quote images or full messages. If you want to quote, quote a line, not a whole message and don't quote images.

Here are some screens from me:

The Screenshot Thread Trincoltown2
Rebecka being herself xD
The Screenshot Thread Trincolislandboulderpuz
A boulder puzzle!
Back to top Go down

Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Screenshot Thread   The Screenshot Thread Empty

Back to top Go down

The Screenshot Thread